spectr @blogspot

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Mac stuff.

It's so small...

Man that iPod shuffle... It's certainly a good price. $100 for 512 MB USB disk key/mp3 player is certainly nice. However, the lack of display is a bit dismaying. 512 megabytes is over 100 songs for most people, right? And there's only |<<>>| buttons for song navigation. If they had a display that at least showed the title, then you could at least tell if you were on the right song. But you have to listen t a bit of the song to identify it too? That seems hightly inconvenient. Nonetheless, I imagine I'll get one eventually. My semi-monthy playlists are about 300 MB in size, so that leaves about 200 megs for disk usage. Pretty nice deal, but I kinda expected some sort of navigation.

The mini Mac is also pretty sweet-looking. It needs more RAM, but all Macs do. Its really freaking small... I have an external Sony DVD burner that's about that size. (Well, smaller, but still. It's close.) If I had some more money to spare, I'd totally get a USB & monitor switcher/hub hooked up to one of those. Should be good for attracting new customers who like the iPod.

Maybe I'll say something else about iLife 05 and iWork... Just one last comment: the iLife logo reminds me of Katamari Damacy for some reason.
iLife 05 box.

2 Comments:

  • I like how Apple implies that we're supposed to use its Cinema Displays with the Mac mini.

    By Blogger Eric, at 7:29 PM  

  • Yeah, that was pretty amusing. There's probably something wrong if your monitor costs more than 2x what your computer cost. To be fair, they do show some PC-looking peripherals... http://images.apple.com/macmini/images/accessorytopmusicwin20050111.jpg

    And I meant iWork. Whatever.

    By Blogger spectr, at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter