spectr @blogspot

Friday, December 10, 2004

Konfabulator

This Konfabulator program is pretty cool. It puts little XML/JavaScript apps called widgets on the desktop. [Official FAQ] I used it at one point on the iMac, but the always-there registration window (it's shareware) got pretty annoying, so I stopped. It was a pretty nifty idea though. In fact, the next release of OSX, 10.4, will include its own (likely superior) widget program. As a result, the makers of the program ported it to Windows. Seeing as I don't have Apple Developer access to Dashboard, I decided to start using it (and doing my best never to quit the program) on the PC. Its worked really nicely so far. [Screenie] I've also started learning some JavaScript for use in one of these things... Which I just put online for your enjoyment. All it does is change the transperency of the little "K" button. You can decrease transperency by clicking the "-" button or pressing [Ctrl+Shift+PgDown] and increase it by clicking the "+" button or pressing [Ctrl+Shift+PgUp]. You can also bring it to the front with [Ctrl+Shift+F4].
Download Konfabulator here.
Download my test widget here.
______

Ah, I just realized I missed candygrams by being sick. Darn.
On a brighter note, Marquis and I submitted our Cell Game class to the Agora Days Supreme Comission. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter