spectr @blogspot

Thursday, December 02, 2004

words of the year

Merriam-Webster has their top 10 most looked-up words of the year. "Blog" is number one, blah blah blah. Semms pretty dumb to me, seeing as it isn't even a real word. Go read something else for discussion of that. It is rather interesting that they added "blog" to the online dictionary due to the number of searches for it. (It'll even be added in the next print edition.) However, I like my idea better. If that gets put in the dictionary, I will cry for the English language.
Also interesting is number 9 on the list... "sovereignty". Maybe they weight the President's searches higher? (For those who don't know what I'm talking about.)
______

Also, Illini men's basketball (#3) totally pwned #1-ranked Wake Forest. Which should translate to #1 in next week's poll. I think the real question is how long we can hold on to that title though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter